Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Covering a Tattoo

I'll admit....I absolutely love all of my tattoos! But sometimes there is a need to cover them up. Since I'm engaged I feel the need to cover up my back tattoos so they don't show up in my wedding photos... it's not that I don't like my tattoos but I didn't want them to look tacky in wedding photos or be visible throughout the night. My mother wanted to cover up her leg tattoo and I'll be asking my bridesmaids (when it comes closer) to cover their visible tattoos up as well.

I looked into a couple different cover ups (KatVonD, ... and even tried using the concealer I already have. Everything seemed pretty expensive until I ran across some today in Mangelon's (84th street Omaha). The brand of this coverup is Mehren and I bought it from a costume shop for $7.99. It comes in 5 different shades and I bought the lightest. You can also buy all 5 colors for $13.00. You will also need a common press powder (I used a Covergirl press powder is a light shade that I got from the DollarTree), and a barrier spray (I bought the corresponding Mehren Barrier spray for $4.99, it's $4.10 on Amazon). I was lucky enough that they had some product already open that I could try on myself in the dressing room, or else I probably wouldn't have bought it. But I'm glad I did, because it worked very well! I did a really quick job that took me probably less than a minute.
1. First take a make-up sponge or yourfinger and dab the tattoo coverup onto the tattoo. Layer until the tatoo is no longer visible.
2. Then take your setting powder and pack in the product by dabbing the press onto your skin.
3. Repeat these two steps until tattoo is no longer visible and make-up looks e
ven.
4. Spray the barrier spray onto the tattoo.
5. Wah-La!
These are my before and after pictures. Sorry about the horrible camera quality!


Here's a video that shows how to apply the Mehren Tattoo Cover Up

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! Sounds like you got lucky! I was looking for a cover up for my tattoo for an interview. I looked all over and even tried the KatVonD one. Nothing worked. Then I finally found the one! I will swear by it, its exuvaince skin care. It has been such a life savior when it comes to covering up a few of my tattoos. But glad you found something that works for you, I know how it feels to FINALLY find that one product. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete