Thursday, April 28, 2011

DIY Wedding Hair




Wedding Hair or Bridal Party Hair

Photo Credit
To follow after this DIY Wedding Make-up!

You may find choosing a wedding hairstyle is the least of your worries when it comes to planning your wedding. I, myself think of this as high priority. A hairstyle should compliment your dress, your wedding hair accessory, and of course your personality.
Steps for finding the perfect hairstyle
1. Will you be wearing a hair accessory (veil, tiara, headband, etc)?
2. What length is your hair?
3. Does your hair look better up or down?
4. Will you do it yourself, or get it professionally done?
After you've asked yourself all these questions start looking at Google or Bing images to see what is come up with. For me I Googled imaged "wedding long hair headband and came up with the perfect style for my wedding hair.

Tips for getting your hair done professionally:
1. GO TO THE SALON A HEAD OF TIME! Always get your hair done before the wedding to see what it will look like so there's no surprises
On the day of prom- I went in to have my hair done, I showed him a picture... after he was finished- I bawled- I hated my hair... don't let this happen to you.
Go to someone you trust and have everything planned down to the last detail!

If you're planning on doing your hair yourself, consider using youtube for great hair tutorials!
Some of my favorite hair tutorialists (?) are

Tips: It's good to use a strong hair spray when do your hair for a special event. I love BigSexyHair Spray(Department Store), and Ion hair spray (Sallys)
It's also good to have one day old dirty hair. If you are like my mom and have super fine hair that gets greasy really easy- try using a dry shampoo like Treseme Dry Shampoo, or try using baby powder to absorb the oil.

Know how to use a bobbypin- instead of just sticking it straight in, stick them up and then push down for that extra hold that won't slip out
For fine or thin hair try using Bed Head's Small Talk

Have fun trying these amazing hair styles!

1 comment:

  1. I considered doing my wedding hair myself, BUT, I wanted one less thing to worry about on "the big day." It was definitely worth the $$$, but kudos to you if that's not a concern! I always feel like my hair is so fidgety.

    ReplyDelete