Friday, April 29, 2011

DIY Wedding Make-Up and Tips


Wedding Make-Up DIY and my Faves!
Make Up done by Kandee Johnson
Your wedding make-up is almost just as important as your wedding hair!
Wedding Make-Up can take you from your everyday look to instant glam that will look absolutely fabulous in the photos you will cherish for years to come.
Will you do your make-up yourself or have someone else do it for you?

My favorite ever make-up youtube tutorials are done by Kandee Johnson

You can find here blog here
Her family blog here
And her list of products she and I love here
Here tutorials are really easy to follow and although she uses expensive products, she'll give you cheaper, alternative products that are very similar.

Another great alternative to use is Birch Box
Birch Box is a website that sends you 5 different beauty samples for $10 dollars a month. You can cancel at anytime with no consequences. I recently signed up for this myself. They asked me about my beauty likes and then they customize a box according to your tastes. The great thing about this site is that they carry amazing (and expensive) beauty brands such as Nars, Benefit (one of my favorites), Stila, Cargo, and Too Faced (another of my favorites). All products are centered around skincare, makeup, hair, body, face, and lifestyle. So, if you're a beauty-guroo like me but hate spending tons of money on a product that you don't know will work, this might be the thing for you. I've watched many youtube videos of women receiving there birch box and the items inside are valued well over $10. When I get my first one I'll let you know what was in it. I'm also thinking about getting this for mother's day!

To get absolutely free makeup, try Sephora
To find a Sephora Store near you click here
I went into Sephora the other day and asked about "photo ready makeup" that would look flawless in pictures (every brides dream). She recommended me Smash Box foundation, complexion primer, and concealer. She told me that this line was created by two of the grandson's from the man who created Max Factor (movie makeup) and it's supposed to be top of the line when it comes to HD and flawless looking skin.
I asked for some samples and she totally hooked me up. She gave me enough for one to two days, just enough for my engagement photos and it was free! This is a great idea if your planning to do your own make-up.
I wouldn't say to go into Sephora and ask for a million samples at once, but if you live close to a Sephora you could try going in a couple different days. Foundation isn't the only sample you can ask for, you can also get eye shadow, cleanser, blush, eye primer, and even fragrances.
Hint: If you have light or fair skin, like me, then the green primer is for you. If you have yellow pigmentation in your skim then you would want to use the purple primer.

My Favorite YouTuber's Wedding Makeup Videos
KandeeJohnson

Some of my ULTIMATE favorite makeup products
L'Oreal's Double Extend Tubes Mascara
This is by far the best mascara I've ever used!
How to put mascara on
Curl eyelashes for at least 10 seconds. Immediately apply the white base on the back and fronts of the eye lashes using a zip-zag motion. Make sure all the hairs are completely covered. Let them dry and then apply the black side using the same motion.
Sephora Complexion Corrector
I absolutely love this! I bought it from Sephora when it was on sale for $10. For a cheaper alternative, try Hard Candy's complexion palette for $6-$8 at Wal-mart though I have not used it.
To use this palette, first apply your regular foundation to the entire face (use primer first if you have it). The use the green in this palette to cover up any blemishes or redness (around the nostils and mouth). For blemishes, try using a lip brush to get the entire spot covered. Then use a combination of the light and the tan flash tones to cover the entire eye, under eye, and the rectangle zone under your eyes. Also use to cover the green tint. Use a combination of the lightest flesh tone and the pink to highlight the inner corners of the eyes, down the center of the nose, and and the eyebrow bone. Then use your powder to lock it all in. The before and after of this is completely amazing!
Hint: Whenever you use a liquid base on your face always lock it in with a powder base, ex: foundation and powder, liquid eyeshadow and shadow, cream blush and powder blush.
This is my favorite eyeliner. Unlike the drug store brand, this is the blackest of the black. It's more "inky" then anything. But if your going to fork out the money for it, try eBay for a cheaper alternative (I got mine for $9.00, only a couple more dollars then drug store price).
If you going to apply an eye liner, always lock it it with a black eye shadow, this will keep it from running (use an angled brush).
Hint: if you have a hard time lining the upper rim of your eye, line the bottom heavy and immediately squeeze your eyes tight.

1 comment:

  1. Another place for "free" makeup: department store makeup counters. Whenever I want to test out a new product, like liquid cover-up, they give a small tube of it. I got one over Christmas at Dillard's when I purchased my mother some Lancome makeup and it lasted me a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete