Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Friday Favorites

Friday Favorites
My first favorite product is Bed Head's After Party.
After a horrendous ordeal and a bad dye job at the hair school, I stumbled into Ashley Lynn's bawling. The hair dresser fixed my hair, blow dried me out and put some product in my hair. The first thing I noticed was the small and then the affects it had on my hair. Wow! What was that? My hair was from course and slightly frizzy to sleek and shiny. I didn't care about the price I just bought it. That same day with after party in my hair, I noticed my BFF petting my hair out of no where (so you know it's good!). After purchasing this product I find it way easier to straighten my hair then taking an hour to curl it. Since then I've been able to wear my hair down. I especially noticed it affects after wearing my hair curly the night before, waking up and putting this in my hair and it was an instant hair do! Great for hiding split ends too!
Hint: Apply less than a pump into your hands. Rub it between your hands to heat it up. Work for the roots down to the ends. Beautiful!
This retails for around $18.00 and can be purchased at a salon or major department store.
For an alternative, try Beyond Zones Get N Creamed for $7.49. If you have a Sally's Beauty Shop near you, wait till they are buy one get one half!
My next favorite product is Burt's Bees Rose Water Toner
My soon-to-be sister-in-law asked for Rose Marigold Floral Water ($35 Sephroa) for Christmas and I had never even heard of it. But since my finance's sister was trying I had to as well. I bought a bottle of Burt's Bees Rosewater Toner from Amazon ($12.99). I am in love with this product now. Not only does it smell great, but it's refreshing, get's my face completely clean, and leaves it feeling really soft.

Hint: After cleaning your face, put some on a big cotton ball and wipe your whole face down with it (I use the front side and the back side of the cotton ball). It's amazing to see how much dirt it lifts off of your face even after cleaning.
My next product is Generic Thermal Protectant Spray
When straightening your hair became the new fad, I found it really hard to do on my hair. I have thick and slightly wavy hair. My hair is definitely not the type of hair where I can brush it and be done. I has to be styled, or it looks terrible. I found when I straightened my hair, it hurt my ends, and made my hair feel like hay! I tried a lot of different heat protectants, but they always left my hair really greasy. I went into Sally's one day and asked if there was a heat protectant that wouldn't leave my hair greasy. She recommended me Generic Thermal Protectant Spray (first ingredient: water). Since then, I've been through about 4 or 5 bottles! I love it!
This product retails for $6.99 is Sally's Beauty Shop. I have not seen it anywhere else.

Hint: Before straightening your hair, make sure it is brushed out. Spray the heat protectant through sections in your hair, paying close attention to hair ends. Straighten!

Have a fabulous Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment