Wednesday, May 18, 2011

DIY Birthday or Bridesmaid Gifts!

DIY Birthday/Bridesmaid Gifts... SUPER CHEAP!

I saw these at Mangelson's and thought, "Hey I can do that!"

CAUTION: In no way do you have to be artistic for this project!

Here's my inspiration
SUPPLIES NEEDED

GLASSES- I bought mine at the Dollar Tree for (of course) $1
Enamel acrylic based paint-($1-$2) any craft store- I bought mine at Hobby Lobby and Joann's Craft Store- don't get discouraged if they don't have your color (this happened to me) just experiment and make your own.
Hint: It has to be enamel- only acrylic based paint will not work.
Brushes and sponges- any craft store
Stencil- any craft store or make your own! I used my Cricut (treasured)
Optional: ribbon, rhinestones, etc.

Directions

If you have a cricut, you can cut out the stencil that you want. For my first one I just used letters, but with a cricut you can basically cut out any shape. I have Sure-Cuts-A-Lot which is basically any shape or type of font out there, just way cheaper then a Cricut Cartridge.
Supplies and cutouts.
I started by painting the bottom and letting it dry.
Tape on the shape and use a sponge brush to painting on the shape. Use the other end of the brush to scrape off any mistake.


When you are all finished, bake the glass according to the directions on the enamel paint.

Try different things! I painted some fun zebra stripes, and I'm currently working on a giraffe print for a birthday! It was super fun to paint these and they come out to0 be anywhere from $3-6 dollars a piece. I had most of the supplies, (besides glasses) so for me, they were a lot cheaper!

Brides-to-Be- consider asking your bridesmaid what their favorite colors are. Remember, this is your gift to them, try not to make it all about your wedding (wedding colors, decorating it in "Bridesmaids" lettering). If you want them to use it at your wedding, then it's acceptable.

I'll let you all know how they turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment