Thursday, May 12, 2011

DIY Bridesmaid or Bridal Jewelry Set

I had such a fun time making these and definitely saved a bundle doing it myself!

Items you will need
1. Crimping beads
2. Wire
3. Scissors
4. Beads
5. Pliers
Crimping Beads (2.99 with 50% off at Hobby Lobby= $1.50)
Different beads- I used four different colors of pearls (8mm rose, salmon, light pink, and grey), flat beads, crystal ball beads, and small clear glass beads.
Wire .46 mm (I doubled the wire for the necklace), scissors, flat nose pliers, round pliers, closing pliers.
Start by measuring and cutting the wire. I double up the wire and left enough to tie it off.
The most difficult part about this product was choosing the pattern. I spaced my beads about 1 inch apart. Star by using the crimping beads and using your closing pliers to close them off.

The finished product. For the necklace I started with the focal point of the necklace, the crystal ball bead. I used two crimping beads to secure it and then worked from there. I went from darkest bead (rose) to the lightest (light pink).
Between the crimping beads, I used the smaller glass beads.
I chose not to use the use the small glass beads with the crystal ball bead. When your finished, take a fastener and attach it to one side and use the loop on the other side. MAKE SURE YOU MEASURE or it will be off.
For the bracelet, I decided to make it a little more elaborate because you don't always see the wrist, unlike the face and ears. I doubled up the pearls (8mm) and used the same pattern as in the necklace. For the center, I used the crystal ball bead, smaller (6mm) with the flat crystal beads in between. Between each bead to space it off, I used the smaller glass beads.
For how to make earrings click here . For the earrings, I use the smaller (6mm) pink pearls, the flat crystal pears in two different sizes (a smaller and a larger), and 8mm grey and salmon pearls.
I thought it would be fun to make myself a pair as well. A lot of women usually wear an heirloom from a mother or grandmother, which I don't have. These turned out pretty, and I'm not sure yet whether I'll commit or not.
Each jewelry set came out to be about $5.00 or less. If you have the time give it a try and save yourself some money!

No comments:

Post a Comment