Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What's in my BirchBox


My Birch Box came! Yippy!
In case you don't know. Birch Box is a site the offers for a $10 a month fee, 5 make-up, body, skin care, and lifestyle samples. Usually, and I say usually, the amount in the Birchbox is well over $10. If you love beauty products, but wish to try before you buy, this is a great site!

Stila Eyeshadow Pans in Compact

My first item was a full size Stila eye shadow. In Sephora, or Stila's website, this retails for $18. So there's my money right there! This is a really pretty maroon red that great paired with pinks, browns, or even purples. I have yet to use it, but it really makes me want to buy a Z-Palette!
TINY PRINTS CARD
I thought this was kind of lame, but I'll end up using it anyways! This is a card from Tiny Prints. It's cute and has a little design on the inside.

Archipelago Pomegranate Soap 1.1 oz.

My next item was pomegranate soap. It smells really good, and I have yet to use! But like I said, it smells super yummy! Retail price $35 for three full items, not sure how much the sample is by itself.

AHAVA Mineral Hand Cream 3.4 oz.

This stuff is super soft. Wow! Probably the softest hand cream I've used before. And the great thing about this product is that it will last me FOREVER. Doesn't have a nice smell though. I received .68 fl. oz. Sample value= $4.

BVLGARI Mon Jasmin Noir 50mL

This was probably my least favorite product. I don't wear a lot of perfumes. I stick to one body spray and that's Bath and Body Work's Secret Wonderland. This retails $80. Sample value= $3

Total BirchBox Value= $25 or more.

The thing I like most about Birchbox is that you can build up loyalty points for every transaction and feedback you leave for the products you receive. You can then use those loyalty points to get discounts of full size products. When you first sign up, they ask you question about you personally and base the products off of that. And the good thing about samples is that I use them so sparingly and they'll probably last me a long time.


Overall thoughts about May BirchBox- I love the fact that I got a cosmetic! That was my one reason for signing up. Even though I don't typically wear maroon eye shadow, I'll still play around with it and give it a try. I also loved the soap, the hand cream, and I'll eventually use the card someway or another. Overall, I'd say well worth the money and I'll definitely do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment