Monday, May 16, 2011

Mismatched Plates, Reception Ideas, and AWESOME DIY!

Have some mismatched plates laying around the house that you don't know what to do with? Maybe you've inherited a china set from a mother or grandmother and you just can't seem to part with them. Well I have an awesome solution for you.

Elegant Jewelry Holder

I am in know way taking credit for this idea. This was originally done by Restored Style (who has a killer blog that I've gotten so many ideas from)
My Inspiration from Restored Beauty
My Inspiration from Restored Beauty
My Inspiration from Restored Beauty
What you will need:
Plates (2 or 3), glass (flute, wine 1 or 2)... a topper (tea cup, gravy bowl, bowl, shot glass, box), glue.
My so-so Good Will finds! I bought two matching plates, a shot glass, a champagne flute, and a bowl... I was boring and stuck with white, because my Good Will didn't have anything good.
All-in-all about $5.00.
Used a clear silicone glue (that was horribly messy), but they do make a glass glue that you should be able to find at a home store (Menards, Home Depot, Lowes). I could not find it at HobbyLobby.
Glue each piece together, and let completely dry.
Finished Product. I started with the plate and glued the flute on top of that. Then I glued the other plate to it. I then glued the shot glass, and then the bowl on top.
The jewelry makes it super pretty.
This idea would also be great for a cake or cupcake holder.
It's resting home.

Other great ideas for plates!
Garden Border- use plates to make a vintage inspired border in your garden. It's super easy and cheap to pick up a set of plates at a thrift store.

Used mismatched Wedding Plates at a reception to create a romantic touch.


Use decorative mismatched plates to create a Wall Art Deco project.


Mismatch Set-Up is awesome for any party. Glue pieces together to create an awesome cake or cupcake stand.
Other ideas
Broken Plate Table Mosaic

No comments:

Post a Comment