Thursday, May 5, 2011

Great DIY Wedding Sites!


GREAT WEDDING SITES

Since Becoming Engaged I've looked at about a million wedding sites and I'm not even burned out yet! But I'd thought I'd share my favorite and most beneficial sites.
What I love about this site is it's ongoing, post-nuptial benefits. The Knot is all about wedding, but then you can subscribe to The Nest (home), and then The Bump (baby). I've subscribed to The Knot even before I was engaged. They have all kinds of different vendor information including reviews by real weddings, and you can find vendors that are close to your wedding site. They also have thousands of photos of real wedding, dresses, bridesmaids dresses, and a great DIY section with awesome ideas! Check out The Nest even if you're a home owner already!
The Wedding Bee is a site where women and men blog about their wedding plans. They also have a gallery of real weddings, a huge DIY section (I got a great idea for a guest book), and a classifieds section where you can purchase used wedding items.
I have found so many great ideas on Martha Stewart Weddings!!!! Holy Moly! This site is bursting with awesome DIY stuff. Everything from reception card holders to favors to veils!

These are some of the great ideas that I'm using myself.
Have your flower girl (or her mother) by a plain white flower girl dress and wrap or stitch the correct colored ribbon. For an inexpensive flower-girl dress try looking at Burlington Coat Factory or Gordman's. This dress paired with white ballet flats will ensure that you're little flower girl won't be getting blisters throughout the long day. And the great thing about decking out a flower girl's shoes, dress, and flower girl basket is that it's way cheaper and it's done by you!
I love the look of this ring bearer pillow, it's super easy to make and looks simple and very modern.
The Ribbon Bouquet
I'm not going to lie, this was a project! And I'm still working on it. This bouquet will be the bouquet that I'm planning to toss to the next women in line. I thought it was really cute and it lasts forever (until they throw it away that is).

No comments:

Post a Comment