Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy News!

Hi from Iowa!

I haven't posted for a long time, well not a t all for that matter. I just haven't really gotten the hang out it yet, and would be rather doing something else!
But in the past month, my boyfriend of 4 1/2 years popped the question and now we're getting married.

I AM A BRIDE ON A BUDGET!

Right after getting up the nerves to ask me, I started planning. As any little girls does, I had always dreamed of what my wedding would be like, all eyes on me, crying during my vows, and dancing the night away.
I had also put a slideshow together of different palettes, wedding dress options, Groom's men cakes, and a million different color choices. I had also signed up to theknott.com which is a great resource for all brides, especially ones that don't know what the heck they're doing!

I had a lot of inspiration for a Bridal Shower from The Knott, http://weddings.theknot.com/Real-Weddings/58214/view.aspx?type=1&id=58214
and put an entire Bridal Shower idea together using PowerPoint, (Great for moms who like to see the big picture)

After a couple months of nothing (from the boyfriend that is) I abandoned those ideas of getting married, mainly because it was starting to drive me crazy.

After being patient, it happened! And now I get to plan the wedding of my dreams (on a budget).

The easiest way (I can think of) to have a nice wedding on a budget, is DIY! DO IT YOURSELF!

Throughout this year-in-a-half, I plan on posting all the DIY things I do, ideas on a budget, videos?, and other ideas on how to make your day the most important day of your life.

DIY Ideas so far (if you choose to come back)
1. Ribbon throw away bouquet
2. Garter
3. Flower Girl Basket
4. Flower Girl Wristlet
5. Ring Bearer Pillow
6. Bird Cage Veil
7. Invitations
8. Save-the-Dates
9. Favors
10. Flower Girl Shoe accessories

Hints: Look for coupons and deals from Michaels, HobbyLobby, Hancock Fabrics!


If you have time to pull all this stuff off yourself you could be saving tons of moola!



No comments:

Post a Comment